Monday, June 8, 2009

We're driving a "Pimp Suitcase!"

Yes you read that correctly boys and girls, we are in fact driving a "Pimp's Suitcase." Well that is what Bernd called it anyhow. lol The rest you would all know it as a Mini Cooper. It is black, tiny, fast, adorable and impossible for me to drive as it is a manual. Woe is me! lol Marshall tried to give me a driving lesson but it just ended in a marital dispute and left the both of in need of chiropractic services. We have come to a mutual understanding that a husband and wife are just not meant to do certain things together like teaching one another how to ski or drive stick for instance. Such things are better left to a neutral third party.

We have found an apartment to rent after only two days of looking. Now I know you're all thinking that perhaps we made a rash decision but finding a place that allows a dog let alone two dogs has been incredibly difficult for the agent helping us find a place. So tomorrow we go and sign the contract and we will move in at the beginning of July or mid month depending on the installation of the kitchen and when our sea crate arrives. I think we will be very comfortable in the apartment as it is nice and bright and also in a very safe nice area. We were also fortunate to be able to cut a little deal with the landlord to lower our rent a little in exchange for Marshall's gardening services. Now all we need to do is find a washer, dryer, and some light fixtures. I guess in Germany it is common for people to install their own light fixtures in rental properties so therefore they take them with them when they move out.

On a side note, I must make mention of the fact that McDonalds in Germany is AWESOME! The quality of the food is to a standard that you would not believe. Not once did I ever get the McDepression that usually comes over me after eating McD's at home. Nor did I get a McTummy-ache which seems to be standard in North America. So McDonalds Germany, please keep up the good work as this American gal will always have the occasional need for a taste of home courtesy of your delicious Chicken McNuggets!

That's all I've got for you now, so enjoy and check back soon for our further adventures. Which there are sure to be more of since today we continue our search for a washer and a handy phone (cell phone).

P.S.
I tried to post pictures of where we're staying but I had some technical difficulties. So when my IT guy gets in I will have him remedy the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment