Monday, June 22, 2009

My Dog Is Like Mr. Miyagi

I'm sorry it has been so long since I updated the blog. The thing is though, that there just hasn't been a whole lot going on. We started our German lessons last week, in fact we have a lesson in a few hours today at 3:00. The teacher is very nice and seemed surprised at how young we were. lol I guess she was expecting two people of the American Gothic variety? Anyhow, progress at the apartment in Grub has been a little slow as the painting was supposed to have been done last Wednesday but now it has been pushed to today. I guess we will just see. Last week we found out just why the progress has been slower than expected. There are two factors that are slowing things, the "painters" are also painting the apartment below as well and the "painters" turned out to be one 74 year old man. Enough said, on that subject anyhow.

So as you all know, we are staying temporarily in rural Breitenau which is near Bad Rodach. Well here on the farm there are A LOT of flies and they all seem to have taken up residence with us inside the apartment. I think I may puke. All day they buzz around my head and sit all over me and it makes my skin crawl and quite frankly.......I think I may puke. The flies seem especially hell bent on torturing myself and Shocker. I think it is because he and I are more sensitive and vulnerable than Marshall and Gemma. The flies are onto us, it's like they have Spidey Senses but less of the cool action hero, kickin ass and saving lives variety and definitely more of the annoy the hell out of you by buzzing all up in your grill while you try to eat something delicious and then go after your little white dog too variety. I think I may puke. Ugh! So onto to Sir Shocker. This poor little guy minds his own business all day and just likes to lie on the fuzzy carpet napping and these darn flies dive bomb him and crawl on him and this drives him bonkers. So in turn Shocker tries to catch them and it kind of sounds like a hippopotamus opening and closing it's mouth, which naturally would crack me up if I weren't on the verge of vomiting myself. He really reminds me of Mr. Miyagi in the scene where he's catching flies with chop sticks. That gives me an idea, perhaps some chop sticks would help Shocker catch the flies. Wait a minute though, he doesn't have apposable thumbs. Dammit! Well I think I may puke as I may have mentioned before so I must go. Hope all is well and I'll post more when there is more to post. Take Care Ya'll!

7 comments:

  1. Well maybe if you put some of the chicken droppings around the flied would enjoy that more than you and shocker

    ReplyDelete
  2. one word...RAID!

    ReplyDelete
  3. UGH, You should get yourself one of the hats with the nets that go all the way to the floor, maybee they even make them in meatball size for shocker! Or you could wrap yourself up like a muslim woman, but don't forget to face northeast at 3 o'clock and pray! lol Those are my only 2 suggestions. Sorry your having such a rough time. If anyone can relate to being buggued by bugs it's me. Hope your appartment is done soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Linz,
    Just set up my account so you could quit whining about no one getting back to you. It is the first day of summer break for me and I am loving it. Sorry about the flies that must be a drag. Diana and Beau are being plagued with some sort of beetle that comes in hoards and lasts a few days or so then goes away. Simply put she hates it! Your little place in the country looks cute - I guess that is the hook - then the flies come and cute is not so important. Hope your apartment gets done soon and you can move on schedule. Take care.
    Love,
    Aunt Sue (ps Hi Marsh)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know that problem with the flies, as I also hail from a more "rural" community... the trick is to blend into the local environment. In the olfactorical sense.... :-). I guess that you get used to it after a while.

    P.S.: Kick the painter's ass

    ReplyDelete
  6. .. but we have to respect the painter 74 yo. still working 6 days a week.

    I give him till Wednesday to finnish, maybe tomorrow.
    We purchased all the lights today and I would like to have them hooked up so we can clean the place to the Bates standards. The Sea Can arrives on Saturday, then Lindsey will be cozy in her bed, on the lazy boy while she writes her blog (Providing I get the Kable Deutschland all setup and try to get 32mbps internet (I hear its more like 20mbps but thats better then DSL we had in Kanada at 4mbps).

    Keep up the good work Lindz at keeping the troops informed!
    Love Marsh

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all for commenting, FINALLY! lol =)

    ReplyDelete