Thursday, February 25, 2010

Bubble Wrapped Shrubbery

So today Marshall and I decided to throw monotony aside and venture into town. Yes I said we went into town. We live in a village so to do anything remotely exciting we must go into town or if we’re really looking for some serious action we head to a city. Anyhow, I have gotten side tracked, back to the matter at hand. As we were driving down our street I happened to notice something I had never noticed before. It was glorious. Okay it was gloriously hilarious and just straight up crazy. I beheld not one but three BUBBLE WRAPPED SHRUBBERY! Dear god did I ever laugh my ass off. You know, like the uncontrollable, wheezing, crying, laughing so hard that you are seriously in danger of peeing a little kind of laughing my ass off. Oh, and of course Marshall freakin missed it! How come men can spot a scantily clad woman from like say a mile away but they full on miss bubble wrapped shrubs? Sorry, back to the shrubbery (I really just like to say “shrubbery”). Now these shrubs were at least a good 8 or 9 feet tall I’m guessing, because they were partially hidden behind the crazy electric gate having family’s fence. All that is visible is maybe the top 4 feet of which the very top two feet are unprotected from the bubble wrap. Now I ask you, who in the hell wraps their outdoor plants or any plants for that matter in god damn bubble wrap? My contemplative husband said, “well it’s just like burlap.” I proceeded to inform him that in no way is bubble wrap anything like burlap. For one burlap is made of natural fibers and is biodegradable. Okay, maybe I’m making too big a deal about this but while living here in Germany I have noticed some shall we say, interesting things, but bubble wrapped shrubs, really? For those of you non-believers, I will try my best to post a picture soon. Also, I’m thinking I need to make it a regular thing to share with you the “interesting things” I notice here in lovely Germany. You will shit a brick over the escapades of our neighbor, “the crazy OCD street sweeper.”

Anyhow, I hope that all is well with everyone!

1 comment: