Thursday, July 9, 2009

Back In Action........On Some Level

Hey Guys, I know it's been forever since I posted anything but we didn't have Internet until Tuesday and we have been a little busy this week. Tuesday we made an IKEA run. I actually walked around the whole entire store for 3 hours! I know it's unbelievable. We picked up some closets/wardrobes, a bench, desk chair, a shelving unit and some other smaller odds and ends. Thank god we are now driving a Ford S-Max because I don't even think that an eighth of that would have fit into the Mini. For those of you who have no clue what a Ford S-Max is no need to worry as I will post a picture of this lovely vehicle soon enough. Anyhow, Marshall and I had two carts loaded with boxes which were incredibly awkward to navigate. When we finally made it to the car things were looking bleak. I had some serious reservations as to whether or not everything would even fit into the car. Low and behold though, somehow, some way, through the power of teamwork we got it all in with enough room to spare for the two of us to fit comfortably as well. It was truly remarkable. The ride home however was shall we say a little more bouncy than on the way there. I think we put the S-Max's shocks to the test. lol I am now convinced that this may just be the car for us. I love it! If only it were an automatic and came in a lovely shade of lime green.

Today all the weeks previous activities have finally caught up with me. Aside from my three hour tour or IKEA, I also cleaned the house yesterday, which some of my family know exactly what that entails because they were the one's who created this cleaning mad woman. So today I am out of commission unfortunately. No need to worry though because I have Internet and a large television with a decent collection of DVD's to keep me occupied. lol Hopefully after a day of rest I will be feeling a little better. I mean I have to be well rested for Samba anyhow. Especially since we have plans to go with our friend Helena. I am so looking forward to the horrendous old men in thongs and makeup, and the lovely migraine that is sure to ensue from all the drumming and not to mention the company of the infinite intoxicated revelers that cause the population of Coburg to swell to enormous proportions. Oh the joys of Samba! lol I will be sure to bring my camera just for those of you who have not experienced the festivities.

I know that many of you are chomping at the bit for pictures of our new humble abode, and I assure you that they are coming. We would just like to put some finishing touches on the place before it's grand unveiling. I mean, who would want to see a picture of white walls with an obscene amount of boxes scattered about? Besides, we need the right lighting. lol So please be patient.

We hope that all is well with all of our family and friends and that you're enjoying the summer. That's all for now but I will certainly be posting more regularly now. Take care!

2 comments:

  1. Post some PICTURES!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanna hear more about the golden ticket, and shocker needs to wax on wax off!

    ReplyDelete